- Imaget websites;
- Desktop apps (both referred to as "apps") that include a reference to this policy;
- and Imaget's marketing, sales, and advertising practices.
The terms "us", "we", and "our" refer to Imaget , Our website (imaget.io), the owner of this Website.
2. Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
2.1 Information We Collect
a. Imaget websites
We collect information about how you use our apps and websites, including but not limited to launch data, feature usage, page clicks, sign-in information. Depending on the website, this information may be associated with your device or browser or it may be associated with your Imaget account. It includes:
- IP address;
- Type of browser and device;
- Webpage that led you to Imaget website;
- Use and navigation of websites (collected through cookies and similar technologies, or by Imaget servers when you are logged in to the app or website.)
b. Registration and customer support
When you register to use a Imaget app or website, create Imaget account, or contact us for support or other offerings, Imaget collects information that identifies you. This includes:
- Email address;
- Content of customer support communications.
You can sign in to some Imaget websites using Apple mail, Gmail, or other emails. Where you give appropriate permissions, we will receive information about you from your apple mail or Gmail accounts, such as name, location, and avatar.
c. Imaget acting on your behalf
In certain instances, Imaget is acting only on your behalf for personal information collected and processed by our services (for example, for the address book contacts shared by users when entering recipient information). In such cases, Imaget is acting only on your instructions in order to facilitate the service requested by you, and you will be responsible for the information shared. In these instances, we will inform you through in-app notifications or other in-time communications.
2.2 Use of Personal Information
Imaget uses data provided through the use of our Sites, Software, and Services to provide services for which Imaget was engaged. The data may be used for a variety of functions, including:
- Provide, monitor, maintain and improve the Software, Site and Services
- Register for and enable access to the Software, Site and Services
- Purchase services and contact you in case a purchase request cannot be fulfilled
- Collaborate and share files with others you designate which involves the Site sending emails on your behalf
- Deliver services you request
- Provide audit data to you and others who you grant access to via document collaboration
- Send push notifications that update you on activities initiated within the Site and Services
- Send you related data (including confirmation of services requests and/or purchases)
- Provide customer support (comments, questions, and requests for support along with support responses)
- With your consent, provide data about services (newsletters, surveys, offers, promotions, contests, events, customer testimonials, case studies, and data about Imaget)
- Monitor and analyze trends in connection with the Site and Services for marketing and advertising purposes
- Investigate potential illegal activities (fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access, and/or other illegal activities)
- Diagnose unexpected issues that occur within the Site and Services
2.3 Sharing Personal Information
- is required by law;
- or has been consented to by you.
Other ways Imaget shares personal data are:
Collaboration and Sharing: Imaget offers collaboration features built into the Site which allow you to share documents (read-only or full edit capabilities) with others you explicitly choose. Collaboration and sharing allow others to view the content of the document you choose to share in addition to the activity data pertaining to the shared document (views, edits, etc.). You can set permissions and revoke access through your Imaget account. If you share a document with another party, that party can download the document as long as they have access to it. Additionally, you may choose to create a public link and send that link to others. If you create a public link, anyone with that link can access in read-only mode and download it.
We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal data from loss, misuse, or alteration. This includes both physical and technological security measures. We follow generally accepted industry standards (e.g. encryption at rest and in transit, access control policies, etc.) to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and you agree that you submit data to us at your own risk.
2.5 Storage of Personal Information
As a matter of principle, we store personal data only as long as necessary to fulfill the contractual or legal obligations to which we have collected the data. Thereafter, we delete the data immediately, unless we need the data until the expiration of the statutory limitation period for evidence for civil claims or for statutory storage requirements.
For evidence, we must retain contract information for three years from the end of the year in which the business relationship ends with you. Any claims become statute-barred after the legal limitation period at the earliest.
Even after that, we sometimes have to save your data for accounting reasons. We are obliged to do so because of legal documentation obligations which may arise from legal obligations. The deadlines for storing documents are two to ten years.
2.6 Transfer of Personal Information
The collected personal data may be transferred by Imaget to recipients who are located outside the EU and such destinations may not have laws that protect the User’s personal data to the same extent as in the EU.
Please find the relevant information on personal data transfer:
- Imaget may transfer your email address and other necessary information such as your name to email delivery service providers outside the EU to deliver promotional emails to you;
- Imaget may use third-party cookies and tracking tools (such as AdWords, Facebook, Google Analytics) to track the information on how Users use the Websites and products;
- Imaget may store the personal data on the servers leased from server service providers;
- Imaget may transfer your payment information to payment processing companies outside the EU to process transactions;
- Imaget may transfer your relevant personal information to marketing platforms and service providers outside the EU to complete relevant service.
2.7 Withdrawal and Rights
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
You also have the right to revoke a consent once given to us at any time. As a result, we will not continue the data processing based on this consent for the future. By the revocation of the consent, the legality of the processing on the basis of the consent until the revocation is not affected.
If you would like to exercise your right to revocation or objection, please send an email to [email protected].
Imaget has a range of privacy and security controls across its organizations to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), including, but not limited to:
- GDPR-compliant data protection agreements with all customers for whom Imaget Processes Personal Data;
- A PIA driven process to ensure that all products and services are built with Privacy By Design;
- An extensive, on-going training program for its employees, with data privacy and protection education upon hiring and then again at least on an annual basis;
- State-of-the-art technical and security measures, including data encryption at rest and in transit;
- Records of processing which include mapped storage and transfer of Personal Data throughout Imaget's product-lines;
- Appropriate access right limitations;
- Company-wide systems for protecting Data Subject rights, ensuring that individual access/portability/right-to-be-forgotten rights are respected;
- and Appointment of a Data Protection Officer.
Whenever Imaget transfers personal information beyond the country of origin, we will do so in accordance with applicable laws. In the context of its European operations, Imaget may transfer Personal Data abroad to other states in the European Economic Area or to third countries. With the decision by the Court of Justice of the European Union in the Schrems II case, Imaget has evaluated the data transfers necessary for its multinational operations. In light of Schrems II, Imaget will ensure that importers of any Personal Data offer an adequate level of protection, whether through an adequacy decision or appropriate safeguard under Article 46.
To the extent Personal Data processed by Imaget would be transferred to a country outside the EEA not deemed to ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of Personal Data, Imaget has in place requirements relating to such international data transfers. For example, where data is transferred: (i) between Imaget affiliates, this is done pursuant to an agreement based on the EU's Data Export Contractual Clauses, and (ii) to third parties, Imaget uses standard contractual clauses designed to ensure those third parties respect the confidentiality of personal data and use it only in connection with provision of specific services and in compliance with applicable data privacy laws. The EU Standard Contractual Clauses can be viewed on the European Commission's website here. https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en(Open a new window). As per the guidance of the European Data Protection Board, Imaget has implemented programs to review such data transfers and to employ additional safeguards when appropriate for the data processing required by law and our customer contracts.
With respect to personal data received or transferred, Imaget is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
By using our cookies, we want to optimize your experience on our website. These services are based on our aforementioned legitimate interests, which at the same time represents the legal basis for the data processing described here.
2.10 Use of Web Analytics and Additional Services
Web analytics and the other named services in this section are used for the continuous optimization of our website. The tracking provides a statistically record of the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our offer to you. From time to time, we employ data processing and collection services and tools to help us provide you with the best services available. Examples of at least some of the data collection and/or processing services are found in the corresponding list below. Note that the list may change from time to time and is provided solely as examples of how we collect data. The legal basis for the data processing described in the following section is our authorized interest in the needs-based design and continuous optimization of our website.
a. Google Analytics
For the purpose of the customized design and continuous improvement of our website we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.com) (1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; in following "Google"). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies are used. Information generated by the cookies about your use of this website include:
- Browser type / version;
- Operating system;
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page);
- IP address of the accessing computer;
- Time of server request;
- Pages visited.
This information is transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and tailor-made website design. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data in the order. The data accumulated in this context is transmitted by Google for evaluation to a server in the USA and stored there. In the event that personal data is transferred to the USA, Google is subjected to the EU-US Privacy Shield. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with any other data provided by Google. The IP addresses are anonymized, so that an assignment is not possible.
You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting the browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case not all features of this website may be fully exploited. You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en). As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection by Google Analytics. An opt-out cookie will be set which will prevent the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must reset the opt-out cookie again. For more information about privacy related to Google Analytics, see the Google Analytics Help Center (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
b. Google AdWords Conversion Tracking
To statistically record the use of our website and to optimize and evaluate it, this website also uses the Google Conversion Tracking tool (Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google")). Here, Google AdWords sets a cookie on your computer if you have reached our website via a Google advertisement. After 30 days these cookies lose their validity and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the website of the AdWords customer and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page.
2.11 Promotional and Newsletters
We provide you the opportunity to consent to having your personal data used for certain purposes when we ask for this data. We will also give you the opportunity to 'opt-out' at any time. For example, if you purchase a product/service but do not wish to receive any additional marketing material from us, you can initially choose not to accept direct marketing from us, and at a later stage provide consent.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter.
4. Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments, or if you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please send an email to [email protected].